Thursday, March 1, 2007

Protesters Call Our Troops Criminals?

To me, it most definitely is not okay for those in-bred low-life commie-lovin' protesters to call any veteran a criminal. I, as a civilian, cannot begin to imagine what our troops went through or what they are going through now, fighting and protecting our freedom.

Even though I did not serve, my brother did and he went to Vietnam. I recall vividly his reaction to the protesters he saw on TV when he returned home. His anger showed on the outside, but I know that he kept the pain of what those people caused him, bottled up inside. He passed away a few years ago, but I will defend and protect his memory always.

The protesters' words and actions are deliberately and carefully calculated so as to invoke feelings of anger and hurt among our veterans, their family members, and those who support the troops. It isn't because they are smart or clever. It isn't even necessarily what they truly believe. I think they do these things and say what they do because they know it will draw attention from some. It's like they say when a child doesn't get enough attention, he'll act up just to get yelled at, because bad attention is better than no attention at all.

War Protesters make false claims that cannot be proven like the one about the majority of the people in America not supporting the war or our troops. That simply is NOT true. The main stream media gives them the attention they crave, and that's why it looks that way to us. I knew it as a teenage during the Vietnam War, and I know it now.

I was angered by some things I read on a blog yesterday and I commented on it which is something I try not to do. Because with these types of people, if you get caught in a back-and-forth with them, they will never let up. I went against my better judgment and commented anyway.

There may be a lot of stuff we see on the Internet now, a tool we didn't have during Vietnam, but for every site that tries to spread the filth the protesters are chanting, there is a site that supports our troops and is proud to still stand when the Star-Spangled Banner is played. There are more of us than there are of them, we're just harder to find.

The idea for a Gathering of Eagles is a great way to let the protesters and the media that supports them, know that there isn't only one side to how the American public views the war, our veterans, or anything else. This is only the beginning.

Once March 17th passes, I strongly believe that there will be other 'gatherings' like this one and maybe the media will finally stop aiming their cameras at the anti-American crowd and put it back where it belongs. Maybe those of us who support and appreciate our veterans will get the same attention the Anti-American crowd has been getting.

But what is more important is that on March 17, 2007, the veterans themselves will be able to see and know, that they are appreciated and supported by their fellow countrymen..

No comments: